Sunday, February 19, 2012

All the Little Things



As mamas, we are operating on little to no sleep. Baby wakes up through the night nursing, Little Johnnie wet the bed and so on.Sometimes we are up until 2 a.m. detail cleaning! At times this can start to drain us and can effect our mood. When this happens, think about the small things that we may sometimes take for granted. Our health, shelter, food, and water are essentials in life. However, if it requires little to no effort to obtain these things, it may appear small. Just think, if we didn't have these things, what would life be like... no life at all.
Since I have began a conscious effort to show gratitude daily, I have experienced more happiness.Having gratitude brings a multitude of benefits.The one benefit that serves me daily is the reward of peace.
The moment that anything steps in to try to rob me of my happiness and peace, I immediately think of gratitude. I am grateful for my health. I am grateful for the blessing of having a beautiful baby full of life. When I express gratitude, it immediately raises my vibration, keeping negative from affecting my thinking. Being thankful definitely reduces stress. When we are free of stress, it makes it easier for the pounds to fall off. When we are mentally stressed it effects our whole being, down to the cells in our body.
Be grateful, happy, and at peace. This causes our journey from chunkalicious to curvaceous to be a joyous one!

To find out more on how gratitude rewards us go to:

http://ofthesun.org/?page_id=315

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this reminder. I already have so much to be grateful for and my energy is so much better spent focused on that than on what I do not have.

    ReplyDelete